Thursday 16 April 2009

Culinary catastrophe

As a little light relief from my usual musings which tend to be more profund I have decided to share with you the experience I had with some cod steaks I cooked tonight.

My brother was kind enough to buy me a mini grill endorsed by a former American boxer famous for losing to Mohammed Ali and now being a Baptist pastor. It has been cooking up a storm and I was getting confident but tonight things went awry. I had bought some cod from a a well-known supermarket chain here which said they were desalinated which boded well. I put them on the grill and they were definitely cooked but I have never eaten anything so salty in my life. Moral of the story. Don't buy cod if it's not from a good old fashioned chippy wrapped in newspaper/greaseproof and without a good big portion of greasy chips!

Shalom.

Andy.

No comments:

 

theDailyBibleVerse.org